Are these truths, or just myths?
- “Sun exposure is dangerous. Wear sunscreen, or you’ll get skin cancer.“
- “If you burn easily, it’s just genetics, and there’s nothing you can do about it.“
For millennia, our ancestors didn’t wear sunscreen. In the decades that we’ve been exposed to fear-mongering and “sun is bad” propaganda, we’ve been slathering on sunscreen and avoiding the sun―yet the incidence of skin cancer has skyrocketed. Our indoor lifestyles mean we’re missing out on the protective, metabolism-modulating and immune-boosting effects of sunlight, and now we’re facing an obesity epidemic and rates of chronic disease that have never before been seen. The admonition to avoid the sun is clearly getting us nowhere.
Research is showing that moderate sunlight is a crucial component of vibrant health, and that what you eat affects how easily you burn. Getting enough sun while still avoiding burning, and avoiding toxic, chemical-laden sunscreens allows our bodies to produce Vitamin D, which is protective against skin cancer and chronic disease. Eating a nutrient-dense diet boosts your body’s ability to resist sunburn and effortlessly tan, knocks out the aging effects of sun, and gives you a natural, healthy glow.
Do you have only a short time before a vacation? It takes as little as a few weeks of eating nutrient-rich foods to prepare your body for being in the sun. Are you naturally fair and burn easily? By eating the right foods and covering up after the right amount of sun exposure, you can shift your body’s propensity to tan rather than burn, build up the time you can be out in the sun, and finally get that sun-kissed color when you go outside.
With step-by-step guidance, lists of foods and nutrients to help you resist burning and promote tanning, non-toxic options for natural sunscreens, ways to relieve a sunburn naturally (we all have slip-ups!), and a recipe section with delicious nutrient-rich recipes, Eat Your Sunscreen is the definitive guide to help anyone understand the what, why, and how of healthy sun exposure.
When I went on a year-long sugar fast and radically reduced my carb intake, I noticed that I could tolerate being out in the sun for longer periods of time. For the first time in my light-skinned, burn-prone, ginger-haired life, I wasn’t burning after ten seconds of unprotected sunbathing. I had no idea why! Then I read Rosemary’s book and put two and two together. It was quite an eye-opener and inspired me to take a more scientific approach to my diet. I also began recognizing the other benefits of being able to absorb more sun, and started taking more care of my body and became, I think, more mindful once I began incorporating sugars and lower-carb items back into my diet. In short, it was an eye-opening book. Thank you, Rosemary!Kelli Rule, Portland, Oregon
In Eat Your Sunscreen, you’ll learn why fearing the sun is wrong and your sunscreen isn’t doing you any favors, how to tan safely and avoid burning, and how what you eat has everything to do with how easily you burn (and tan)!
Here’s what you’ll get in the 59-page PDF:
- A list of nutrients you can take to help your body resist burning and help you get a golden tan
- A list of superfoods that give you extra sun protection, fight aging, and keep you feeling vibrant
- A list of inflammatory foods to avoid that make us prone to sunburn
- Recipes for DIY natural sunscreens, plus my top recommended non-toxic options for natural, store-bought sunscreen
- Strategies to relieve a sunburn naturally, both internally through supplementation and externally through topical application
- 8 sun protection recipes made with delicious whole foods
- My Basic Guide to Fats, which outlines which fats to eat and which to avoid
- Targeted supplement protocols to ① boost resistance to sunburn, ② promote a golden brown tan, and ③ relieve sunburn
- BONUS! A 6-page Product Guide PDF with my recommendations for ① apps, ② books, ③ foods & supplements, ④ skincare, ⑤ websites, and ⑥ direct-access lab testing you can order online.
This is a great read! If you want to know the facts about sunscreen and its implications on your health, but not feel completely overwhelmed, this book is for you! Seriously, you won’t be disappointed. Rosemary presents easy-to-follow steps on how to get the best sun-kissed skin without compromising your health. If you’re on the fence about this book, consider this your sign to add to your summer reading list!Sara Wright Lloyd, Fresno, California, Nutritional Therapy Practitioner & Founder of Voyage Holistic Wellness
Eat Your Sunscreen is the definitive guide to help anyone understand the what, why, and how of healthy sun exposure. Get that sun-kissed color―naturally―from the inside out!
Buy the Guide
The 59-page PDF guide provides step-by-step tips on how to enjoy the sun safely, how to minimize your chances of burning through optimal nutrition and natural sun defenses, how to make non-toxic DIY sunscreen, and more.
Get a Free Chapter
Join the free Flourish Friday newsletter to get instant access to a free chapter of Eat Your Sunscreen, plus four other free guides and weekly recipes, tips, and other insider-only bonuses each Flourish Friday.