If you find yourself nodding “Yes!” to the following, Happy In Winter: How to Overcome the Winter Blues and Boost Your Mood Naturally During the Cold and Gray Months is for you:
- You dread the coming of fall and winter.
- You struggle with fatigue, depression, or feeling blue throughout the fall and winter.
- You find yourself longing for the sunnier and warmer days of spring.
Happy in Winter is a complete guide for how to feel happier in the cold and gray months. By the end of this book, you will:
- Know what Seasonal Affective Disorder is, who it affects, why it’s deeply connected with your body’s internal clock, and some of its most common symptoms.
- How to create your own personalized winter plan so you can thrive―not just survive―in winter.
- Know how to use strategic light exposure, such as a “happy light,” to boost your mood, and how to choose the right light box for your budget
- Know how to manage your workload and reduce stress levels during the months you feel less motivated
- Know how to practice “sleep hygiene” to get deep and restful sleep, and how to create your own relaxing bedtime routine, even if you don’t have much time
- Know how to use proven principles of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to actually change the way you think about winter, and start embracing it as a time of reflection, beauty, and rejuvenation―even if right now, that seems impossible
- Know the best at-home exercise to boost your mood (no special exercise equipment or gym membership required!)
- Know which foods you should eat―and which you should avoid―to promote optimal mental and physical health (plus, I’ll give you recipes for some of my favorite warming winter meals, and a sample two-week meal plan)
- Know which supplements you can take to help boost mood and energy levels (and why you should be cautious about supplementing with Vitamin D)
- Know how to find and connect with a support network of family, friends, and professionals
- Know how to apply the Danish concept of hygge, or coziness, to make a dark, cold, or dungeon-like home or workplace feel more like a bright, warm sanctuary
- Know how using a sauna can help you shake off the winter funk, boost your immune system, relax tight muscles, reduce your stress levels, and improve your sleep
Happy in Winter will be available on Amazon soon. Enter your email below to get notified when the book is available for purchase.
Photo by Frank McKenna on Unsplash